Re: RDBMS Case tools

From: neil <neil_at_efc.be>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:49:39 GMT

"kimbuba" <kimbuba3-----NONSPAM----_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:RfWA9.553$x8.6336_at_tornado.fastwebnet.it...
> hi to all :)
>
> does someone know some case tools for modelling Entity Realtional
Databases?

> i guess there are a lot of those tools on the net.
> but i could not find one that suited for me.
>
> which is the best one?
> could u guys give me a brief list of the best tools?
>
> thnx a lot.
>
> kim.

Expensive but very good is ER Studio from Embarcadero. I don't know the current list price, but its probably >2000 dollars. I use it for large models where its useful to have multiple sub-models. Its great if someone else is paying:-)

    http://www.embarcadero.com

Well priced and also very good is Dezign for Databases from Datanamic. I use this one most for reverse engineering from a variety of databases and doing fairly small models. Its around 200 dollars including several importer scripts for reverse engineering (PostgreSQL is one of them). Well worth the investment imho.

    http://www.datanamic.com Received on Fri Nov 15 2002 - 08:49:39 CET

Original text of this message