Re: View updating in practice?

From: Jens Lechtenbörger <lechtej_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: 14 Nov 2002 15:14:08 +0100

Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> writes:

> In fact: No..
> In North Amerika DOB and your SSN (and also religion) are
> considered private information. It's only used for specific
> purposes. (Healthcare, payroll). I would assume that in Germany
> the "Sozialversicherungsnummer" and religion is available only to
> HR for payroll and taxes ("Kirchensteuer") and not to your boss.

I guess that both are available to my boss. Although I'm not sure whether I could object to that.

> When you "boss" fire someone the workflow will require that the
> SVN be used by HR to issue the card outlining the employees income
> and the taxes paid. This must be invisible to you for privacy
> reasons.

Maybe privacy issues do come up here. Then, however, I suppose that multiple people have to be involved in the "firing workflow". In any case, we have an extra level of abstraction: A boss initiates that workflow but may not delete data personally, and transactions on databases are issued by different administrative persons. It remains open whether they see the data they are deleting.

Jens Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 15:14:08 CET

Original text of this message