Re: which softeware can create database?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:38:55 -0500

"Jan Hidders" <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.uia.ua.ac.be> wrote in message news:3dcfbd6a$1_at_news.uia.ac.be...
> Bob Badour wrote:
> >
> >"Jan Hidders" <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.uia.ua.ac.be> wrote in message

> >has a
> >contributes
> >point.

> >> So you got a history, now all you have to show is the convention. :-)
> >

>http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/d/Date:C=_J=.html

>http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/f/Fagin:Ronald.ht m
> >

>http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/g/Goodman:Nathan. h
> >tml
> >

>http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/b/Bernstein:Phili p
> >_A=.html
>

> These lists are meaningless unless you show that in many of these articles
> these people use the term RDBMS as Date would like them to. Have you
> actually ever been to conferences like VLDB or SIGMOD? I have. They don't.

As I said previously, a large body of work has since developed that ignores the prior art. Is that good science? I think not.

You may contradict my point at any time by simply showing that any of the papers referenced above (peer reviewed or otherwise) use the the term relational to mean something other than Codd's original use back in 1970. Since you have not, I conclude that you cannot--I do not find this surprising due to the longstanding history of convention.