Re: Trigger while reading row?

From: Paul Vernon <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:03:30 -0000

"Serge Rielau" <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote in message news:3DC6B407.7050208_at_ca.ibm.com...
> Quite a party in the NG....

you are more than welcome to join in Serge.

> The problem with your formula is in the word AFTER.
> After the qualification and the Set clause, Before triggers, Update, the
> RI, or after trigger processing?
> As you see there are five distinct spots where one might want to get
> information back.

Well that is SQL for you...

> the later two being fairly disturbing since the affects might be beyond
> the scope of the relation being dealt with.

Indeed. That was why I talked about returning the value of the whole database, not just a single relation. Rather tricky as we can't even return more than one relation in a single SELECT. Yet another reason to wander down an rather interesting path.....

P.S 4 '"teh"s and a '"dthe", you'll be breaking your own records soon. ;-)

Regards
Paul Vernon
Business Intelligence, IBM Global Services Received on Mon Nov 04 2002 - 20:03:30 CET

Original text of this message