Re: Theory of Timeseries extensions to SQL and database

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:11:39 +0100

David wrote:

> Does anyone know where there is reseach on the method of storing
> columns instead of relations, called inversion I believe?

        Look in the USPTO database for both a patent and an application assigned to Required Technologies. Take two days out to understand that, and tell us if that's what you are looking after.

        If so, Christopher J Date and Fabian Pascal believe it's the future, but Nathan Allan and Lauri Pietarinen disagree.

> Are there any are there any implementations of SRQL or SQL-TS?

        Supposing you are after Required Technologies' technique, it is now called TransRelational and is supposed to be used in TTM D systems, but for now they are only trying to sell it to big data warehousers, so there is no demonstration system or working code for us little people.

--
  _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93