Re: Decline of Science: Computer Science and Databases

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:02:38 +0100

Carl Rosenberger wrote:

> Lauri Pietarinen wrote:
>

>> I think I lost you here... What is actually happening in your
>> example?  What is the query being executed?

> Are the examples really that hard to read?

        Yes. Just see that for all but two of the examples, your comments are actually much simpler, more logical SQL statements. And that given that SQL is already below relational standards.

        The other two are simple enough to be expressed in a relational system also much clearer. Exercise for the reader.

--
  _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93