Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:09:56 +0100

Paul Vernon wrote:

> "Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra" wrote in message
>

>>> My point was that Chris & Daivd suggest that they are trying to
>>> insert a tuple into the database (rather than a tuple into a
>>> relvar of the database).
>>
>> I don't see it there.

> Maybe you should read a little more closely before posting Leandro.
>
> I quote
>
> "Now suppose the row is to be inserted into this database."

        Now read the following phrases and the next paragraph or two.

        You can now understand that the row is indeed to be inserted not simply into the database, but into a specific relation. It is just a matter of how to make known to both system and other users the constraints that would give meaning to the relations apart from simple meaning, thus avoiding incorrect data entry.

        I do think this is much ado about nothing.

--
  _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93