Re: relational tables and objects

From: Dm. Arapov <darapov_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:42:34 GMT

"Jan Hidders" <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.uia.ua.ac.be> wrote in message news:3dc2b314

> But the most optimal implementation of a join or a group-by is not always
> with range queries. What then?

This is real question. Now we have 2 variants of join (merge and nested-loop),
range-based and full-scan selections, etc. We plan add new algorithms and are open
to any suggestions or help.

Now user has to choose, which algorithm is better for given problem. However,
C++ compile-time query optimization (e.g. making decision which join strategy to use)
is possible in future.

> After every move you update the precomputed join.

Right. Updatable indexes and views are also in our plans.

Dm. Arapov Received on Fri Nov 01 2002 - 21:42:34 CET

Original text of this message