Re: Brief History of IT Management and the RDBMS

From: Leandro Guimarăes Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:33:40 +0100

mountain man wrote:

> Greetings fellow professionals in IT.

        Don't despise amateurs and dilletanti…

> My background is in Information Technology management of midrange to
> large scale systems involving RDBMS software.

        I can't believe it! So you work with QUEL or BS12?

        No, wait, you must mean SQL DBMS software…

> I have taken the time to research and to put together a series of
> articles relating to the evolution of database systems leading to the
> present day RDBMS.

        You mean Dataphor Alphora? But it still isn't a full DBMS.

        No, wait, again you mean SQL DBMS.

> I hope you find this series different, interesting and thought
> provoking and have the time to give me some feedback on the direction
> in evolution of IT that my vision perceives.
>
> The index to the series is located at this address:
> http://www.mountainman.com.au/software/history/

        I will try to read, but I guess I would enjoy it if you got the use of SQL DBMS or RDBMS right…

--
  _
/ \ Leandro Guimarăes Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93