Re: which softeware can create database?

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:43:52 +0100

Pablo Sanchez wrote:

> Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote in
>

>> It has.  It is used by both Alphora itself and its controller,
>> SoftWise.

> I would like to see it under a TPC load. Specifically, I'd like to
> see an audited benchmark for -C or any other flavor -- see
> www.tpc.org

        Agreed. But I don't think this will happen soon, if nothing else because I gather Alphora has other priorities.

        Anyway nowadays Dataphore stores to SQL databases, so scaling shouldn't be a problem. As it is now, it is a data access framework. The real performance load is in the underlaying SQL DBMS.

        Obviously one will only get the full relational benefits if all access is done thru D4, by hiding and blocking direct SQL access.

--
  _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93