Re: relational tables and objects

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_REMOVE.THIS.uia.ua.ac.be>
Date: 31 Oct 2002 00:26:09 +0100

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>We are trying to determine if there is any interest in a C++ library
>we recently wrote:
>
>The library implements an STL-compatible "relational table" container.

Just for my understanding, your library doesn't provide persistency, does it? So since your data is going to be in main memory, why would you want to represent your data in the relational model? That is not what the relational model was designed for and in almost all cases a more specific data structure will perform better.