Re: Theory of Timeseries extensions to SQL and database

From: David <david.wynter_at_btclick.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:21:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Click on http://www.sandtechnology.co.uk/products/index.html then Library then Nucleus Server Whitepaper. It is kind of hidden away.

I also had a read of some of their patents at uspto.gov. The approach they have relies heavily on the compression of the bit vector, it would be impractical without. Because they order their value tables for performance the update and insert operations will be reasonably expensive. Updating their encoded bit arrays should however be reasonably quick.

Any idea how a system that replaced the bit array with a hashtable might perform?

David