Re: Celko: help with an experiment

From: Leandro Guimar„es Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:36:41 +0100

--CELKO-- wrote:

> Why do people think I hate Chris Date?

        I for one don't. It is just that I know your ideas are, say, incompatible.

> Several years ago, I
> was writing a column in DBMS and Chris was writing a column in
> DATABASE PROGRAMMING & DESIGN (I had that same spot previously).

        I think I remember you were contemporaries.

> When he would take a position, I would take the opposite side. Hey,
> it was easier than thinking about my topic each month!

        But certainly didn't contribute to your intellectual respectability.

> The two magazines merged together to become INTELLIGENT ENTERPRISE
> and we both kept our columns.

        Kinda. IE was much worse than DBMS and DBP&D, and soon dropped Date.

> Chris now writes in other places, mostly websites.

        Basically because it isn't worthy writing for the trade press anymore.

--
Leandro