Re: DB schema -> graph, good strategies

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:27:20 GMT

> >That depends on who makes them. If you get a DBA to make them, then
> >they'll likely need less normalisation than if you get non-techie
> >business folks to do it.
>
> No, that is not my experience. But this is perhaps besides the point.

It's not my experience, either.

In my experience the techies were programmers. They were heavily influenced by either old fashioned files and records systems, or by OO. In neither case was normalization deep in their gut.

In my experience, the DBAs were more interested in managing the physical DB than they were in designing the schema. Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 14:27:20 CET

Original text of this message