Theory of Timeseries extensions to SQL and database

From: David <david.wynter_at_btclick.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:27:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I did a Google search on timeseries and database and found some research called Sorted Relational Query Language. Also SQL-TS. I have a few questions beyond what I found.

Does anyone know where there is reseach on the method of storing columns instead of relations, called inversion I believe? What I am after is an understanding of the techniques available to manipulate (i.e. query against) result sets as big as a 500,000*5,000 matrix of a 2 element aray containing a unique identifier and a numeric value that would perform very fast.

Are there any are there any implementations of SRQL or SQL-TS?

Thanks

David Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 18:27:47 CEST

Original text of this message