Re: Business-logic in 3-tier architecture

From: mountain man <prfbrown_at_magna.com.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:01:36 +1000

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_nospam_ncs.es> wrote in message news:3da99b96.2240802_at_news.wanadoo.es...
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:24:51 +1000, "mountain man"
> <prfbrown_at_magna.com.au> wrote:
>
> >In the product I have developed there is no requirement
> >for any middleware whatsoever --- therefore no requirement
> >for any form of meta-language apart from the SQL stored
> >procedure in the native (R)DBMS.
>
> Stored procedures are not the only way of enforcing business rules in
> SQL. You also have keys and check constraints.
>
> >These, if used wisely, are found
> >sufficient for all needs. Why
> >complicate things?
>
> Declaring business rules with a very high level language instead
> coding it in a low level language is not complicating things, it is
> simplifying things.

This high level language ... this is in addition to some client application software, or is a replacement for the standard business software application?

If it is in addition to, then you still are running an inordinately complex environment. If it replaces the applications environment, then it might seem a simplification.

--
Farmer Brown
Falls Creek, Australia