What's the point ?

From: john <smith_at_myplace.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:09:45 +0200

Hi , I got a small mysql DB runnign and right now im trying to rewrite my forum.

DB tops
id
tops

DB text
id
tops_id (should correspond with tops id) text

Ive been reading up on my theorie (wich came from 0 to slightly above 0) Im quite sure this is the way it should be designed and I have a faint idea why but now I want to place the topics into categories. If im correct I need 2 more databases for that right ?

DB categories
id
categories

DB link

id_categories
id_text
id_tops

Please correct me if im wrong.

Now my question: I dont see the point in doing this. Why should this be better then one database with
id topic text categorie. I can still query everything I need to and I dont
need 4 databases.

J. Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 11:09:45 CEST

Original text of this message