Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: D Guntermann <guntermann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:35:14 GMT

Mikito,

Could you provide an example supporting the following statement: "They are dual operation in the traditional set theory: unions and intersections in any tautology formula can be interchanged and you'll get another tautology...."

I'm failing to see how set operators such as union and intersect are used in a logical expression (where the expression would result in a value that is equivalent to being vacuously true), especially in terms of interchangeability.

Thanks,

Dan