Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: D Guntermann <guntermann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:03:48 GMT

Union, Intersection, Difference, Product, Restrict, Project, Join, Divide operators are considered the first of a set of formal relational operators (Rename can be considered also) in that they are operators on relations.

Why do you say that the Intersection is not a relational operator? Are you stating this because the intersection operator is not primitive in nature?

Daniel Guntermann