Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: Paul Vernon <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:04:12 +0100

Thank you for your reply Bryn. I want to take time to digest it, but I'd like to ask the following anyhow,

Does setting the view V to it's current value fail?

I.e. does

        SET V := V fail?

And if so, do you think that that is justifiable, and/or desirable?

Also do all possible DELETES and UPDATES also fail on the XOR view in question? If not, would you think that such incongruity is justifiable?

Thanks
Paul Vernon
Business Intelligence, IBM Global Services Received on Fri Oct 04 2002 - 14:04:12 CEST

Original text of this message