Re: SQL:200n Summary of major changes?

From: Tibor Karaszi <tibor_not_pressed_ham_.karaszi_at_cornerstone.se>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 16:55:42 GMT

Thanks Peter. Appreciate it :-)

I understand that one notices what one is looking for or happens to run into. However, this seem to me to be a rather evolutionary revision (I'm focusing on the "relational" part)...

I appreciate more scalar function. I recently did an xls file comparing TSQL (MS SQL Server 2000) functions to ANSI SQL:1999 functions. There are some 20-25 scalar function in ANSI SQL and somewhere around 160 in TSQL. (I might have missed some in ANSI as I only included those that have similar TSQL functions.) Some TSQL functions doesn't apply to a general standard, of course.
However, I have a feeling that the set of functions is one thing where vendors differs quite a lot, partly because lack of standard.

Let us know when the article is out. (Is the book available yet?)

--
Tibor Karaszi