Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 18:22:24 GMT

> > To begin with nobody has implemented a relational system as yet.
>
> I suppose the last several years of my life, and the lives of my
> co-workers were spent doing nothing. I wish people would stop saying
> that! Just to be perfectly clear: WE HAVE a commercial relational
> database management system.

People have been saying that "real Christianity has never been tried" for two thousand years now.

People have been saying that "real communism has never been tried" for about a hundred and fifty years.

Don't expect people to stop saying that "A real relational system has never been implemented". You will just be disappointed.

Just keep emphasizing the actual features of your system. Of course, market share depends as much on perception as it does on reality, so you have an uphill battle to replace the major players in the commercial field, even if your product is as good as you claim. Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 20:22:24 CEST

Original text of this message