Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: Paul <pbrazier_at_cosmos-uk.co.uk>
Date: 24 Sep 2002 03:57:46 -0700

> And I am saying that there IS a solution to these things and it CAN be
> done it real time. In fact all of the goals you are aiming for are
> accomplished elegantly in Dataphor. For example, we have (and have
> had) Windows and Web UIs that are dynamically derived from the
> database. They require no data access stored procedures and are
> driven from the data model. Check it out... I think you will like it!

There must be procedural code somewhere that translates down to machine code to actually produce the UI - is that done externally to the DBMS (e.g. with something like PHP or ASP using the database to get parameters) or internally (at the physical implimentation level or the DBMS itself)?

If it was internal it would be like an layer enabling relations to access the windows API - so for example you put the coordinates into a relation and up pops a window automatically. You delete the row and the window disappears. Is this how it works?

Paul. Received on Tue Sep 24 2002 - 12:57:46 CEST

Original text of this message