Re: The Practical Benefits of the Relational Model

From: David Cressey <david_at_dcressey.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:37:56 GMT

> Hi Nathan, while "politics" obviously is a large element amidst
> all the factors that interplay and in combination give rise to the
> changes we have witness for example in the last 40 years, who
> was there in 1960 that could have predicted the systems and their
> specifications that are now available in 2002?

Vannevar Bush did a pretty good job of outlining a vision of what things would look like in a
world where information transmission, storage, and processing were ubiquitous.

While many of the details were missing from his prediction, his vision was far more specific than, say, the forecasts of Nostradamus. Received on Sat Sep 21 2002 - 22:37:56 CEST

Original text of this message