Re: Implementing trees in a relational database

From: Jeff Clausius <jeffc_at_sourcegear.nospam.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 08:21:56 -0500

i haven't read these books, nor can i recommend them, but this subject has been popping up in the sql server news group lately. i'm just reiterating some of the postings here.

"advanced transact-sql for sql server 2000" by itzik ben-gan and tom moreau - whole chapter dedicated to modeling a hierarchical structure in sql server.

joe celko has written some articles for dbms mag. look at http://www.dbmsmag.com and search on keyword trees.

someone else on the sqlserver newsgroup has mentioned his book, "sql for smarties", has info about heirarchical trees. additionally, celko's own personal postings mention a new book he is working on which covers this topic.

hth
jeff clausius
sourcegear corporation