Re: Indeterminate relationships in Relationships Window

From: GoranG <no_at_spam.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:42:03 +0200

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:09:46 +1000, "Graham Bellamy" <dontwriteme_at_ask.first.com> wrote:

>No, I really did mean Purpose. I know what one is, and I know how to make one (ie what
>causes one to be made). My question is why would anyone want to make one? What's the
>reason for doing it? I only ever make 1-1 and 1-m (and m-m using two 1-m) .... and
>indeterminate ones in queries. But in the relationship window... what for??? They don't
>enforce referential integrity. About the only thing I can think of is that when the two
>tables under question are added to a query, the indeterminate join is automatically
>inserted.

<cut>

AFAIK that's preciselly what it is for. I presume that the intent was to create 'features' that will prevent all sort of users against making all sort of mistakes. This one would be join assistance - for query builder.

( GoranG79 AT hotmail.com ) Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 09:42:03 CEST

Original text of this message