Re: Indeterminate relationships in Relationships Window

From: Ross Schneider <melikewow_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2002 21:02:27 -0700

pietlinden_at_hotmail.com (Pieter Linden) wrote in message news:<bf31e41b.0207251429.6b92a9b4_at_posting.google.com>...
> Graham,
> Oh, okay. I see what you are asking. I don't think *anyone* would do
> this deliberately. It's more an error message than anything else.
> From my experience (limited as it may be), it's Access basically
> saying it doesn't know how to resolve the relationship. What's related
> to what and how. (Which is parent, which is child? or 1-M or M-1? M-M
> it cannot resolve.
> HTH,
> Pieter

The only time I have had an indeterminate relationship created was involving a Time-Oriented DB (PK had to be a composite including StartDate and/or EndDate fields). The RI constraints were maintained in code triggered in form events.

Regards,
Ross Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 06:02:27 CEST

Original text of this message