Re: Approximate structural search in trees

From: Jan.Hidders <hidders_at_hcoss.uia.ac.be>
Date: 5 Jul 2002 20:06:49 +0200

In article <3d25dbaa$1_at_news.uia.ac.be>, Jan.Hidders <hidders_at_hcoss.uia.ac.be> wrote:
>In article <vaflm8q2jkp.fsf_at_lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>,
>Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann_at_CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> wrote:
>>Suppose I have a collection of ordered labeled trees (vulgo XML
>>documents). Suppose I have a query which finds nodes based on
>>structural conditions. Further suppose that I can't expect queries
>>to express the exact structural conditions, so I would like to treat
>>them in a vague way.
>
>There were two relevant presentations on that at the last WebDB workshop.

Forget what I said, I hadn't noticed you talked about similarity between a query and a document and not between documents. Some research on matching a query in the form of a pattern with a document in a fuzzy way was done at the university of Milan by Damiani et al. Here's the link:

  http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/463694.html

Good luck,

  • Jan Hidders