Re: UML question...

From: Alex Petrov <master.db_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 22:58:51 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

>Ive described
>the actors and the usecase in a normal story but now I want to do it
>in an activity-diagram.

..
>1. How can I show in an activity diagram that de information of an
>actor (= extract from a AS400 progam with minimal specifications of
>products) is just been read, to use the information for checking if
>certain numbers in the system are meeting the specifications of the
>products?

>In the system should be described different tests.

The particular answer depends on OOM/UML-oriented software you currently use.
(If you are not using the market leading Rational Rose 200x toolkit, I'd recommend you to download evaluation version and have a look at RUP (Rational Unified Process) -- the whole step-by-step methodoly provides all from use-case to code generation, testing and BTS)

Good luck

Alex P
System analyst

~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ At this moment Im using UML for modeling.

As desrcribed in the book The UML-toolkit written by Eriksson and Penker, I want to make a usecase. Ive described the actors and the usecase in a normal story but now I want to do it in an activity-diagram.

I have two questions:
1. How can I show in an activity diagram that de information of an actor (= extract from a AS400 progam with minimal specifications of products) is just been read, to use the information for checking if certain numbers in the system are meeting the specifications of the products?

In the system should be described different tests. By one test there should be an input of 10 different numbers, and by the other just 3. And all the calculations are totaly different for every test.

My second question is:
2. Do I have to describe the tests as one object with A LOT of different attributes (like lengtht, width, weight etc) or do I have to describe the tests as all different objects?

I hope you could help me!

Kind regards!
Albert Vaeter