Re: Replication

From: Graham Bellamy <dontwriteme_at_ask.first.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 03:21:34 +1000

The Quote table itself wouldn't hold much info (Date, salesman, client, job site info...,around 15 fields), but I don't see how I could get away from duplicating everything that would cascade from a particular quote number, as I don't know which of the child records he would want to add/delete/edit. In your example there would be many items, which would have to be duplicated, but in certain situations (mine included) each item could have many child records etc. In theory, that's a lot of duplication. Though in my situation, there's not a great amount of actual data being stored.

Graham