Re: Object support in the relational model??

From: George Weer <none_at_none.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 16:59:39 +0100

Are you saying that to use the properties of objects that is polymorhism, inheritance, adt's methods etc
mean that any referential integrity is jepardised? (im thinking mainly of inheritance) but through inheritance with adts for example defining a
person as a class and a child as a person doesnt integrity become easier to manage? sure there would be some grey water relating a child to a car becuase a child would interit all of those properties of a person but thats the beauty of OO.

im sorry i just cant see the problem.

i take it this is the third manifesto:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:WGirvC26ETYC:www.acm.org/sigmod/record/ issues/9503/manifesto.ps&hl=en&ie=UTF8