Object support in the relational model??

From: George Weer <none_at_none.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:14:41 +0100

I've been having an argument with my DBA at work about OO features in relational databases.

CJ Date said that object features "undermine the conceptual integrity of the relational model" i fail to see how adding OO features can harm the relational model! My DBA is resiliant that oo features are badbut i cant understand why and he wont tell me :-(

Your thoughts?

--
Thanks lots
GW