Re: Multi-Dimensional Rasters - Large Datasets

From: drop the numbers <Paul>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:42:26 GMT

In article <541e251e.0205201131.4c23c8d9_at_posting.google.com>, seth_at_northrops.com says...
> To date, we've stored this data in flat files with some summary
> statistics within an RDBMS (MySQL). This has worked OKAY - but, as
> you can imagine querying this data is a pain and in some scenarios
> realistically impossible.

        Consider an object-oriented database, especially if your data is specific to one or a few applications and/or you know exactly how the data will be approached and that these "use cases" won't change much.

(Any opinions expressed are strictly mine only and not my employer's)

Paul Tiseo, Intermediate Systems Programmer
Reply To: 123tiseo.paul_at_123mayo.edu (drop the numbers) Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 16:42:26 CEST

Original text of this message