Help finding visual data mining resources ...

From: Steve <SRossiter_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 12 May 2002 23:46:59 -0700

Hello,
  I'm having trouble finding a starting point for myself in the area of visual data mining and knowledge discovery. Since this is a fairly new field resources aren't readily available at Amazon.com or other generic reference sites. What I'm hoping is that someone can point me to sites or sources that can get me in on the ground floor of visual data browsing. Here's a list of potential resource ideas that might bring something to mind.

-Trade journals

-Universities or research labs heavily involved in information
visualization

-Conferences

-Books

-Associations

-Web sites

-Online forums

-Newsgroups

-Software manufacturers in the data exploration field

-Experts in the field (that don't mind your referring me to them of
course)

-Any other resource you have found helpful

  Thanks for your time and any references you can send me. Steve Rossiter (Fullerton, CA) Received on Mon May 13 2002 - 08:46:59 CEST

Original text of this message