Re: Database Design for Shopping Cart

From: --CELKO-- <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 12 May 2002 15:35:31 -0700

>> I have an assignment to develop shopping web site and I would like
to ask
about how to do a good design for the database system that will support shopping cart? <<

Well, that spec is so general as to be useless to anyone ...

>> I designed one and it has one shoppingcart table that contains only
one field [sic], UserID, which I feel weird. <<

It should for two reasons; tables have columns, not fields. Thre is a lot more to a shopping cart than the identifer for the user of the cart.

Also, stop putting those silly "tbl-" prefixes on table names and start using plural or collective nouns for them -- unless there really is only one shopping cart.

>> Could anyone please give me a suggestion? <<

Could you give us a specification??? Received on Sun May 12 2002 - 17:35:31 CDT