ODBC connection VS an HTTP POST method which one is faster

From: saurabh <saurabhk2003_at_email.iimcal.ac.in>
Date: 1 May 2002 21:47:04 -0700

Hi
I am trying to transfer a file across two platforms.The file size is around 4KB.I have two alternatives for thi . One is two use an ODBC connection which would save me the paring but i am told that it takes time to establish the connection and also there are issues regarding having concurrent user licenses et al. The other alternative i have is to use an HTTP POST method using an ASP page in this case though i wuold have to parse but i am told that this would work out faster and i wouldnt even have to worry about concurrent user licenses in this case.
Anyone having any thoughts on this and alsoon which method would be more secure?

Regards
Saurabh Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 06:47:04 CEST

Original text of this message