Step-by-step tutorial for datamodelling

From: Albert Vaeter <a_vaeter_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 02:44:13 -0800

Lectori Salutem,

I have to design a datamodel which is going to be used as a blueprint for a database (might be Access).

This database should be used in a Lab, where testresults are compared with norm-specifications. The database has to show which test should be runned etc. etc.

I have a few questions:
1. What kind of modelling technique is the best I can use? I&#8217;m a little bit familiar with NIAM (natural information Analysis Method) and ER-modelling.

2. What is a good step-by-step tutorial for datamodelling for somebody with basic knowledge about modelling (book or website)? Currently I want to buy Datamodel Patterns: Conventions of thought by David C. Hay or The Data Modeling Handbook : A Best-Practice Approach to Building Quality Data Models by Reingruber.

Kind Regards,

Albert Vaeter Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 11:44:13 CET

Original text of this message