Object Management in RDBMS

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:45:02 +0800

Dear all,

During manual processes such as data mining, there are a whole lot of tables generated, I am wondering whether it is necessary to have object management as found in the Windows/Unix file systems, namely one with a hierarchical folder structure. This structure is different from schema and object type structures, because I could possibly have a large number of objects of the same schema and the same object type.

The primary RDBMS I am working with is Oracle 8i, I couldn't find this yet, and I doubt I could find this in other RDBMS. However, if someone knows this does exist, please tell me where. If this doesn't exist at all, please tell me the theoretical reason why not. Thanks in advance.

Dino Received on Wed Mar 20 2002 - 03:45:02 CET

Original text of this message