Re: relational vs object

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:17:25 +0100

akmal _at_ city wrote:
> > Shhhhhhhh! End users don't count for the OODBMS brigade. They're
> > just a nuisance that gets in the way of the "perfect model"...
>
> Hmm... there is no brigade. More like a small cartload that keeps losing
> one every now and again (either because they disappear completely or
> decide that they are really EJB or XML vendors now).

It depends where you come from.

We have had more than 50.000 downloads of our engine throughout the last year an the mailing list is constantly growing.

The comments to our mailing list usually are very friendly, so we really aren't loosing anyone, I think.

Read for yourself, if you wish:

Focussing on EJB and XML indeed is rather foolish.

I do see a "brigade" though:
They are seeking salvation in JDO.
...not the best of all APIs either, I am afraid.

Kind regards,
Carl

---
Carl Rosenberger