Re: Database table API supporting incremental view updates

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 10:09:18 -0800

Why database can't notify the listener(s) that a row with PK#1000 from Table Emp has been changed (inserted, updated or deleted)? It is responsibility of the clent to requery the interesting "window" of the data, then.

Technically, in oracle, for example, before java in the database was avaliable database event notification could be implemented through DBMS_ALERT; but today there are probably much more ways to do it.