Re: Company Policies & Standards for database

From: Patton HalfTrack <halftrack_at_asylum.for.retired.generals.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 23:41:28 GMT

   This is not something from a 'publication' that I know of ... but, you MUST - You Absolutely Must - insulate your database report generation people - maybe that's you - maybe that's your crew - from the Ya-Hoo's who "got to have a report on squashed tomatoes for the months of April, May, June, July, and August - in comparative years from 1999, 2000 and 2001, By Sales District, By Sales Rep, By Customer, By ItemNum - and I have to have this in 2 minutes because we are meeting with the squashed tomato guy at 10:00 AM and ..."

    Did I hear a gunshot .... ?

    That's a damn good practice and procedure.