Re: Do log files demand serialization?

From: tj bandrowsky <tbandrow_at_unitedsoftworks.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2002 14:37:32 -0800

> The AIJ does get locked, every now and then. But that lock, unlike row
> locks and index node locks, doesn't have to be held until end of
> transaction.

Ugh. Brain went into fog mode. I think I get it. Basically, because the AIJ is only getting locked for very brief periods under direct control of the databasae server, it's much more concurrent than locking under the aegis of a transaction, which is by definition under control of the application - or even worse, the user! Received on Fri Feb 15 2002 - 16:37:32 CST