Re: Proposed Solution :: DB Design Dilemma!! One DB or Many DBs??

From: Rob Hindman <robhindman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 16:48:29 -0800

Hi Jerry,

you are right...!! I did NOT consider that two databases could get out of sync because of backup-restore scenarios... Your point is well taken, and will figure heavily in the final design... Also, additional requirements have been identified (sharing of account info), which contradicts the requirement for data isolation. Thus our design remains in the analysis and prototype phase.

And I also agree with your comments about keeping the design simple, and that data isolation does not need to be solved by using separate databases (horizontal partitioning).

Thanks for your comments, Jerry!
-Rob.