Re: SQL Standards for comment styles

From: --CELKO-- <71062.1056_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2002 14:15:31 -0800

>> Is this a correct assessment of ambiguities in the standards for
comment
styles? What is the right way to treat this statement and how would it actually be treated in various implementations? <<

Yep, and we tried to fix it with some rules in SQL-92 that I do not have in front of me right now.

I have no idea how various implementations handle double unary minus versus double dash comments. This came from IBM, where the assumption was that code was on a punch card. We had to add the 'C' style comments because some ISO standards do not have a "newline" concept in them and the double dash comments would not work. Received on Fri Jan 25 2002 - 23:15:31 CET

Original text of this message