database with ownership cost restructured

From: Aloha Kakuikanu <alohakaku_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2002 14:05:58 -0800

The project I'm participating on LOCD - Low Ownership Cost Database - is RDBMS where the cost of the database is covered by adverticements that database server sends to it's clients. Now, the architecture team has problems defining the way to channel ads to the client. It is easy to sent an ad from client to the server as a comment to sql query, but there seems to be no standard way for server to push ads to the clients. So far we have only 2 ideas:

  1. Adding an extra column

The drawback of this solution is that client can easily ignore ads.

2. Adding xml ads tags into all the columns of the resut set.

Is there a standard approach for #2 or is there a solution that I'm missing? Received on Thu Jan 24 2002 - 16:05:58 CST