Re: papers on federated databases

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:45:46 -0500

Hi,

There were two talks on this topic at DB2 Tech in Florida last year. One was black box, the other opened the lid a bit. I'd expect you can get them via IBM Learning Services (through the web) You can probably also find some information by following links on this page: http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/laura/ (My boss is a witch, so what!? :-)
Garlic focuses on the heterogeneous aspects of federation - that's the Life Sciences stuff.
Further references here:
http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/vldb/paprlist.html http://dblp.uni-trier.de/db/journals/debu/debu21.html

You can probably find more by searching for "garlic" and "datajoiner" on the web and for the relational federation on the US patent server. We were very protective about the federated query optimization technology.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau