Re: Normalisation versus optimisation

From: James <jraustin1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Dec 2001 18:52:00 -0800

> > A rdb is a subset of oodb.
> Bullshit.

and the corollary is that you are subset of humanoids and could use a breath mint the size of hockey puck.

> Since OODB attempts to map a conceptual model directly to physical
> structures, it provides no opportunity for normalization in the first place,
> which makes it impossible "to determine a normalized design".

I think someone poured concrete in your brain which makes it impossible to "normalize your design". Nearly everything (rdb, oodb, and the letter 'A') in a computer is the transformation of concepts to physical structures eventually to bits in RAM or on the hard drive.

> You don't even know what normalization is, do you?

It is the process you need to go through to rejoin humanity. Received on Tue Jan 01 2002 - 03:52:00 CET

Original text of this message