Re: The Fact of relational algebra (was Re: Clean Object Class Design -- What is it?)

From: Daniel Poon <spam_at_spam.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:49:24 +0100

> > And how would you implement the Universal set in an rdbms ;-)
>
> I would not. The rdbms simply allows socrates to exist in the
> universal set and for his identity to exist independent of his
> existence.

Don't you mean COULD NOT. You would have to have a table that contains everything in the system. With a key that would be unique for every tuple in the system.

> > Heck, in my oodbms I could create a class called Tuple, a class called
row,
> > and a class called SQLquerry, and build an rdbms in my oodbms. But thats
not
> > the point either.
>
> Ultimately, every rdbms is implemented in some programming language. I
> am having difficulting identifying any point to your posts.

You keep telling me how I can implement OO or Set Theory in my rdbms. I keep telling you OO and Set Theory are just fine as they stand. They don't need re-implementing using an rdbms.

Daniel Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 11:49:24 CEST

Original text of this message