"Real-time" database reads

From: Tom Gwozdz <tgwozdz_at_uwo.ca>
Date: 15 Oct 2001 19:02:03 -0700

Hi there.

I'm working on a project right now, and I'd like to bounce a few ideas off of you.

  We are collecting a whole lot of telemetry data, and we would like to store it all in a database (so that we can analyse it easily later on). We then have a custom front end to the database, which can do two things:
- One, it can read and graph old data from the database (which we can
get with a simple query, for a specific time range that we want).
- Two, as the new data comes in, we would like to update the graphs in
real-time.

We could do this by constantly re-querying the database to read the new data, but is there an easier way of doing it, without bypassing the database?

Thanks,
Tom Gwozdz
tgwozdz_at_uwo.ca Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 04:02:03 CEST

Original text of this message