Re: How do I order by some of the rows in a column. Not all.

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:32:47 GMT

On 15 Oct 2001 07:23:05 -0700, jacob_nordgren_at_hotmail.com (Jacob Nordgren) wrote:

>What if I want to search for another property (isbn) and still sort on
>title? Is that possible with your query? I can't make it work..

SELECT /* DISTINCT */

                  P.ID AS ID,
                  PP_TITLE.VALUE as TITLE
    FROM PRODUCT                             P,
                  PRODUCT_PROPERTY PP_TITLE,
                  PRODUCT_PROPERTY PP_ISBN
  WHERE P.ID = PP_TITLE.PRODUCTID
          AND P.PRODUCTGROUPID = 1  --means Books
          AND PP_TITLE.PROPERTYID = 1 -- means Title
          AND PP_ISBN.PROPERTYID = 2 -- means ISBN
          AND UPPER(PP_ISBN.VALUE) LIKE '%123%'
 ORDER BY 2;
regards
Marc Blum